Monday, November 9, 2009

Dr. Wesch

There are so many pros to being an older student in college. I can get out of bed and never even look in the mirror before I head to class, there is no pressure to be in a club or worry about going to a party. I feel as though we are surrounded by people who are always telling us the things I don't care about, I should. I feel as though , even at 26 I still have friends who are terribly concerned with what they look like and how others view them.Does it ever end? I am afraid it is never going to end. People will not stop being self absorbed until the media and television stop being so incredibly self absorbed. I worry about my future students and the esteem issues the I am sure they will face because of these factors.Teachers are going to have to really build up their students and reinforce the things in life that truly matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment